Duration: 5 Days
Location: Microsoft Technology Center
8000 Avalon Boulevard, Suite 900
Alpharetta, GA 30009
3/5/2018 - 3/9/2018
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
The Pragmatic Works BI Boot Camp provides a hands on lab environment. In five days you’ll build a fully functional prototype data warehouse using SQL Server 2012/2014, along with the complete Microsoft BI Platform: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS. and Power BI
- Learn the Microsoft BI platform from top to bottom.
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerPivot
- 100% hands on, you will be designing. You will be building with Pragmatic Works mentors.
- Learn Best Practices : tips and tricks.
- Become proficient with the BI developer tools that will accelerate your projects and improve your solutions
- Return home ready to undertake the toughest BI projects for your organization.
- Receive an email containing the BI solution you have built, including all components and a complete documentation set of the solution.
Day 1: Discovery and Design
Review the data sources in our Boot Camp Lab and establish presentation layer goals for the week’s BI solution. Design conceptual database diagram for data warehouse.
Day 2: Data Model & ETL
Design the data model and physical database for fact tables and related dimensions. Build an SSIS framework to load the data warehouse. Integrate/enhance warehouse with public data sources.
Day 3: Cubing With SSAS Multidimensional
Learn OLAP cube technology with SSAS on top of the data warehouse and KPI functionality. Design the cube and load it.
Day 4: Power Pivot / Tabular and Presentation Layer
Start the day learning about the other Analysis Services with Power Pivot and Tabular. Then, start a tour of the many data presentation options that are available in the Microsoft stack. Build a sample SSRS report(s) using the cube and data warehouse. Connect Power BIwith KPI's to Cube and fact tables. Excel pivot tables for ad hoc analysis. Generate solution documentation set.
Day 5: Presentation Layer and Review
Demonstrate other presentation layer options like Power View. Review Best practices and Planning a BI project.
Key Features and Benefits
- Post Boot Camp assistance: You are provided a USB with the full solution and the key data sources. Plus the boot camp includes an hour of our VM services for follow-up assistance.
- Tools: To increase our productivity you’ll be using our best of breed BI developer tools to build the ETL and cube.
- Lunch is included every day
Every BI Boot Camp also includes:
- Solution documentation set
- Post Boot camp Virtual Mentoring (1 hour)
Please Note: You do not need to bring a Laptop
There are no prerequisites for this course.
A computer will be provided for lab work. There are no additional system requirements for this course.